Wednesday, July 2, 2014

"What is it?" Wednesday - 3 Leaflets!

This plant has 3 leaves. Do you think it is poison ivy? If not, what do you think it is?




Answer is coming next week!

Last week's answer to What is it Wednesday?
http://ohiopoisonivy.blogspot.com/2014/06/what-is-it-wednesday_25.html

These are milkweed (Asclepias) plants in bloom.  Milkweed is a perennial that is more than happy to spread all over my yard. Milkweeds are often visited by bees and are a larval food source for monarch butterflies. I have one milkweed plant in my backyard that is approximately 7 feet tall and is often surrounded by a number of bees. My dad got some plants from me and now complains he can't get rid of it. I keep mine because of the bees and because I have had some monarch larvae on the plants... that and it's pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment